I use a Argon One M.2 case with a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB). Standard settings no overclocking.
I can boot from SD Card with no issue but I am getting problems when trying to use the M.2-SSD
- Raspberry Pi Imager (on the Raspi 4) is not completing when I try to write a Raspi OS Image to the SSD.
- I am getting kernel panic when I write the image with Raspberry Pi Imager on a Windows10 PC and then try to boot from this SSD.
I use the M.2 SATA board connected with a USB-A to USB-A on the windows PC.
So far I tried the following:
- I used a Kingston SA400M8 240GB SSD (B&M key) and a WD Blue SA510 1TB SSD (B&M key).
- Used a standard Raspi Power supply (15W) and a Argon Power supply with 18W
- I measured the voltage on the cap next to the M.2 boards USB connector and it shows 5.1V on the Raspi PS and 5.35V on the Argon PS,
- I used a USB3 A to USB3 A cable (which I used to write the image on the Windows10 PC) to connect instead of the USB3 bridge
- I tried both ways on the power jumper (default and always on)
All the above tests did not work.
What shall I do?