Neo 5 NVMe Questions

Hi,

Longtime Pi 4 user just purchased a Pi 5 and the Neo 5 NVMe off Argon40’s amazon.com site. I read about all the shipment delays from Hong Kong on here so decided to go the US amazon route to avoid that. When I bought the Neo 5 on the 6th amazon said they were in stock. 2 days later and it still hasn’t shipped. I also purchased the new Argon GaN 27W power supply and it has actually shipped. So now I’m thinking that they don’t actually have the Neo 5 in stock. Anyone else order it off amazon US without shipping delays from Hong Kong?

For an SSD I am thinking of purchasing a Lexar NM710 (2TB) from the approved list. I’ve read people have had issues with some larger capacity drives not fitting due to thickness issues. so I’m wondering if when a drive is on the approved list is it for all drive capacities, not just the small 256/512 GBs?

Finally, has the screw length situation been sorted out or should I start trying to source some that will be long enough to close the case?

Thanks!

I went ahead and purchased one of these Neo NVMe cases off Amazon after seeing all the purchase issues when going direct to China. Arrived when it said it should.

Screws are definitely an issue. I REALLY had to apply pressure while inserting the screws to get them to hold.

The Lexar NM710 2TB NVMe drive has been working great at gen3 speeds. This is with the latest version of Raspberry Pi 64bit OS.

Very impressed with the case and it’s cooling abilities. The fan only ever goes to it’s first speed when it rarely goes over 50C. It never makes it to the next temp cutoff for the next higher fan speed. I’m not using the lid.

My only gripe is that the case is a static magnet. If I don’t make an effort to ground myself, the Pi5 usually freezes or reboots whenever the metal case is touched. Fortunately I rarely need to touch the Pi when it’s running.