What Raspberry Pi4 version do you intend to use?

Just curious what size of Raspberry Pi4 people are planning on using with their EON.

I’ve got a spare 4GB pi that I’m planning on using with mine, but also have an underutilized 8GB model hosting my Plex server at the moment.

1 Like

Bought a new Pi4 8GB for this case.

For Plex and other Server Software.

I planned to buy an 8GB, but they are sold out here in Norway except for an “educational” store with an extra 30% markup. I will reuse a 4GB one for now.

2 Likes

I’m planning on using an 8Gig. Have several setup in cluster, so I’ll pull one from that.

I’m using the new 8GB version with the slightly upgraded CPU.

1 Like

I have a dozen or so Pi4 8G’s laying around. Sold a bunch and made some play-money

I’ll start with the 4G version, waiting for 8GB will return in stock in Italy.

I am using a Pi4 8GB I already had.

Will be using a Pi4 8GB that was underutilized in another project. Access to increased storage may demand higher ram depending on what I get into.

Couldn’t find an 8GB or 4GB anywhere in southern EU so I bought a 2GB for now. I’ll probably replace it with an 8GB in the future.

I’m going to use a 4GB version I have here .
I’m going to replace my Synology 212+ with 6TB. It’s a bit outdated now, and every update, it gets slower and slower.
I’m just waiting on the SDD NVMe and the NVMe to USB to arrive so I can install the SO on the SSD .
I’m still undecided on whether to use Openvault or TrueNAS.

The Synology also has a DLNA server, so, that’s a must. And also a torrents downloader - I know that TrueNAS has all that (plugins), but will have to further search on OpenVault !

1 Like

TrueNAS hardware requirements show that it is for x86_64 only, never mind the need for 16GB RAM (preferably ECC).

1 Like

Thank you ! I hadn’t really read the hardware requirements. It’s settled then. OpenMediaVault :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am using a 4GB Pi, it should be sufficient to monitor file operations.

I have a WD MyCloud PR4100 48TB NAS (used as a PLEX Server) it has 4GB installed and it’s running Raid 5 now. The only time it really uses more than 75% RAM is when it is transcoding a large video file.

I don’t plan on using RAID at this time, will use it as a SAMBA fileserver, until I can get 2-2.5" SSD or HDD’s installed.