SSD in Argon One m.2 not detected in windows 10

Hi There.
I recently purchased an Argon One m.2 and an Intenso m.2 SATA III 256GB SSD ( M.2 SSD SATA III Top | Intenso )

I installed my RPI4 in the case together with the SSD. I then want to do a fresh install of the Home Assistant software using the BalenaEtcher on my windows. But for this to work i need to connect my SSD to my Windows laptop using an USB cable. I tried this with both a USB-A to USB-C and USB-A to USB-A cable. from the lower USB port in the Argon case to a USB port in my laptop. But my windows PC never detects the SSD as an USB drive.

Am I missing something obvious that i need to do for this to work? Or is what i am trying to do just not possible?

Hi,

USB3-A to USB3-A should work as aspected.

As well as connecting the USB cable to your Windows PC, you’ll also need to have the power cable connected to the Argon ONE so the drive can power up, it is not powered via the USB port.

what? the argon board has only one USB, and that can be connected to the PC theorically to access the SSD and copy/paste files.

Why are you saying that another usb port for power? how are you going to do that if there is only 1 USB in the board?