RTC Shutdown / Restart Issue

Good day!

Enjoying my Argon NAS so far w/ minor issues. Have been able to follow along with the discussions for installation and configuration and successfully built my RPI 4 (4GB) w/ Bullseye Lite and OMV 6.0.11-1. Made my software raid and have a couple of volumes /folders shared out. I also installed transmission-daemon and have configured that the same as my old server. To save a bit of electricity, have installed the RTC battery (and done the time fix) and setup a shutdown startup schedule for the pi. Issue is, when the pi goes to shutdown (which it does at the correct time), it then starts back up 5 seconds later. Supposed to start up 7 hours later. You can see in this section of syslog the final shutdown line @ 23:11:33, but @ 23:11:38 the system tries to boot back up:

…
Feb 15 23:11:33 silphium systemd[1]: Stopped Check for Raspberry Pi EEPROM updates.
Feb 15 23:11:38 silphium kernel: [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd083]
…

And, the system doesn’t fully come back on line. The NAS is still powered on, the OLED is still on (but stays on current screen, but it doesn’t respond to a ping and the keyboard is unlit nor anything on the console.

Because it is in this hung state, the startup script doesn’t work, so remains hung and powered on.

Not really sure where to TS this… any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Like

FYI, updated the script with the most recent version and this fixed the issue. The system now shuts down and starts up at the desired times.

HOWEVER, now the fan runs all the time… Should I just wait till the next version to fix this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed… the fan runs all the time regardless of system load etc///

any fix for this?