Raspberry Pi 4 issue - screen goes to sleep

Hi all,

Trying to get a Pi NAS going. I got a brand new pi4, brand new SD which I formatted and installed the 32-bit OS Lite. When I connect everything, I see a bunch of checks on screen and then before I see the prompt the screen goes to sleep and there is nothing I can do. I installed the OS again (tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions) and I get the same issue. Since everything is brand new, I am assuming there is something going on with the Argon power supply… Any idea?

Which screen is going blank? Do you have a monitor attached? And a mouse and keyboard as well?
You don’t actually need a monitor. When you burn the OS to SD Card, and are using the Raspberry Pi Imager, you can enable SSH and set a password for the pi account plus configure Wifi if needed.

This will allow you to ssh after the pi boots.

\Greg

I have the same issue, on boot the monitor screen works, outputting all the initial checks you get when booting the Pi. But after 5seconds the monitor goes to sleep and there’s no response.

I can connect via SSH but what’s the point of having HDMI ports if you can’t connect?

The error happens after boot at the point where you would normally login via CLI.

Would be helpful if anyone had similar issues and managed to solve it!