Random IR remote to power on the pi

Hey Community,I hope this message finds you well! I’m relatively new to the Raspberry Pi world, and I would like a random IR remote to use to power on and off my Raspberry Pi. I’ve done some research, but I’m a bit overwhelmed with the various methods and configurations available. Also there’s no info on bookworm os as of yet.

I’m reaching out to the pros in this community to kindly share your expertise and guide me through the process. If anyone has successfully implemented a similar setup, could you provide a step-by-step guide or point me in the right direction? I’m eager to learn and would greatly appreciate any insights, tips, or recommended resources.

Specifically, I’m interested in understanding how to set up the IR receiver on the Argon V2 case, map the remote buttons to power functions, and ensure a safe shutdown before powering off. Any additional considerations or best practices would be fantastic.Thanks in advance for your time and expertise! I’m looking forward to delving into this project with your valuable guidance.