Fan Airflow Direction

Yes, It can be tight squeeze, but it can be done. I have 2-3.5 inch WD 6TB drives presently installed in my EON. I had flipped my fan so the air is being pulled up through the system. I performed the flip before really doing anything on my EON.

If you read a post that I had made on 29 Jan 'EON Hardware Setup Completed - Observation" on how to install the HDD’s using of all things, duct tape.

I hope this helps.

In other posts, someone actually tested the difference and found a 4°C differential when the fan was pointed up. Argon40 responded that they would change the fan to point up in future.

I think that it doesn’t take a lot of neurons to realize that SMooreAce comes off as absolutely and completely unnecessarily arrogant and derogatory. Jerks like that (there are stronger words that apply) waving the American flag in their avatar make me terribly dismayed. Because I am an American, thoughtful, kind hearted, and embarrassed for my country that people like himself (herself?) are out there reinforcing negative stereotypes of Americans.

I have a high enough IQ score to readily see how little the score means in relation to a person’s actual worth.

6 Likes

Does this mean that we should unscrew existing fan and mount it back the other way round ?

For normal use, there would be little difference. We have overclock the system and run the system at 100% for an hour, we can see difference of 2-3 degrees.

1 Like