Error msg on boot - mmc1: Controller never released inhibit bit(s)

All… I have seen this error pop up on a lot of forums, and am getting it on all my Argon One M2 RPIs (three of them). All are RPI 4 8GB at latest levels for Bullseye. I have tried copying from and SD card, installing Bullseye from scratch and directly to SSD. I have both SATA and NVME SSDs. The message pops up when booting, lasts very briefly and then boot normally…

Appreciate any thoughts…

Jay S.

So I had this problem. For me what worked was just slotting a blank micro sd card in. I don’t know if it’s a problem with the ribbon cable connecting the SD slot to the EON or what but mine NEEDS to have card in the slot (even if it has nothing on it) to work.

Thanks. I’ll try it. I will using this headless and just want to get a fast boot and consistent. This error (if you google) seems pretty rampant with the RPI4 when booting from USB… Tried different setting for Boot loader and Boot order. What’s your setting there. Don’t want it to try and start a network OS load with a blank micro SD. :slight_smile:

Jay S.

Thanks, this worked… Shows the blank Micro SD on the desktop and boot seems back to normal… Still not sure why this is happening on USB boots (not just Argon) despite updating boot loader and boot sequence.

Jay S.