Dead argon one board?

Hi,

A previously working control board of an argon one v2 case is not working anymore:

It is not detected by i2c:

The board was previously in always on mode. And it is still working using this behaviour despite the fact that I changed the switch position.

Is there any way to debug the board? (check if some components are fried?) Is there any way to buy just the board and not the whole case?

Note that the pi is ok. it works correctly in another v2 case I had.

Same here. I just got a V2 case. Initially the fan was not working although the box was really hot. The drawing current from the power supply was about 1.2A on idle status, while the rasperrby pi without the box, consumed about 0.8A on idle status (SATA SSD included). The power button was working. All these within the first day I got it, with a fresh raspbian installation.

I left the RPI working overnight, and then the next day, the fan began working by itself, but now the control appears dead. No matter what, the RPI always start on power connect, the button appears useless, and no fan control works either. Even worse, no I2C device exists (like the friend above) and tried also without an RPI, with a common arduino and plain I2C tests. There is a PWM logic working on the pin controlling the fan, like the microcontroller works somehow in the PWM creation, but as mentioned, no power control at all (always on no matter the jumper or the terminal configuration) and no I2C-fan control. And also now it draws less current on idle, as if something burned and now it is out of the game.

I believe the PCB was problematic from start, and then the heat build up made it worse. I don’t know how to make heads from tales in this situation anymore, parts are probably working, parts are not, and it takes a lot of time to understand it… I kind of regreted buying it and I needed to print here my complain for future reference.