Argon One V3-Ubrel on SD Card Fan Control

Hi, I’m new to the forum. Recently bought an Argon One V3 for setting up with Umbrel 1.0 using Raspberry Pi5. All is working fine but the fan is constantly running. I want it to only run at higher temps. It looks like I have to SSH to fix this issue? I have no idea how to do this, or if this is what I have to do? Would someone be able to point me in the right direction. Loving the case, just right for my use. Thank you.

The instructions for the previous version of the case included instructions on how to install the fan control script.

You need to install the script via SSH.

1 Like

The instructions should be in the instruction leaflet

1 Like

I did go by the instructions but I couldn’t get it to work. It all seemed to go as the instructions but it never worked so I gave up and disconnected the fan. I’m using the case without the fan for now. Temp sits at low to high 40’s. Someone else on here mentioned this…I asked what it was all about but never got an answer…
Just plug the fan into the RPI board. Takes a couple extra minutes, but a much cleaner solution than this, IMO, and you can read the speed back from hwmon.

You need to run the config scrip and change it from always on

1 Like