Argon One v3 power button and fan control with ubuntu 23.10

Is there a way to install the fan-control and power-button script under ubuntu 23.10?

I installed curl on ubuntu to execute the script as described in the manual. After that, everything works. The fan is running and the red light turns off after shutting down the device.

Now when i try to boot again, i get this message:

BOOT ERROR: code 7

What am i doing wrong? Please help

Does anybody else also got this problem? Am i doing something wrong, or is the script not compatible with ubuntu? Can nobody help me with that issue?

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Hope there will be a solution since the fan does not work with Ubuntu 23.10

We have updated the installer for Ubuntu. Can try the script again.

It seems to work now. Thank you!

Do you have to run both the eeprom and argon1 script or just the argon1 script?

Ive already got boot set to nvme and running ubuntu currently. Just need my fan to work. Thank you!

For the fan-control you have to run the argon1 script…

All you ran was argon1? Reason i asked is there is a few lines pertaining to the eeprom in that script.

I also used the eeprom script once. That was when i first used raspberry os in the new argon case. I edited the bootorder after that by myself.

I‘m pretty shure, you only need to run the argon1 script for controlling the fan.

Same here. Please find a solution soon. Thank you.

For FAN and Power Button Functions run argon1.sh

To run the EEPROM script it must be on the RASPBERRY PI OS, because it downloads the latest firmware. If you run it on UBUNTU, it downloads an old version that does not have the NVMe-PCIe Configuration.

@Nebelmann ,

at your initial post, the screenshot shows that you already used the recent bootloader version 2024-02-16. And additional it shows that the first partition must has found at the NVMe, because the config.txt and the kernel*.img files has been loaded. It looks like in your case it‘s kernel specific issue like this:

You reported that the argon1.sh is working for you now, what‘s the current situation regarding the NVMe?

how do we run the script?