ARGON ONE V2 REMOTE With omxplayer

Hi, I was wondering if a script can be created to use the Argon one v2 IR remote to work with Omxplayer?
As it now only the power button works.

It depends on what OS you use I think. To get the remote working on Raspberry OS Bullseye, you need the full distro, not the light one because of missing dependencies. But it’s a hassle. Argon 40 hasn’t done a good job with providing how to’s on how to get the remote working.
But you have downloaded the script?

1 Like

Yes, I installed the script, I’m using light Rasbian OS for my project, all I need is a how-to before I start buying these cases in big quantities.

I have been digging around and I think I have found the Argon Remote Hex key map, Let me see what I can do with it.

0x9c KEY_POWER
0xca KEY_UP
0xd2 KEY_DOWN
0x99 KEY_LEFT
0xc1 KEY_RIGHT
0xce KEY_SELECT
0x9d KEY_MENU
0xcb KEY_HOME
0x90 KEY_BACK
0x80 KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x81 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN

Take a look at this post: Raspbian forum
I posted it a while ago. I do remember that there’s something missing in the hex key map, I think it is the back key.

I just looked at the Hex key you provide, and it’s different from the one I have. If I remember correctly I got all the values I have from looking in the script provided by Argon40 for LibreElec.

1 Like

I been busy working on some other stuff but I think is time to get this working, I don’t know why is the creator not providing information on how to do some stuff like creating custom commands for different keys.