About the ARGON ONE (V2 and M.2) DISCUSSION

THIS IS A SPACE FOR DISCUSSION ON ANYTHING RELATED TO THE ARGON ONE V2 and M.2

Let us try to be helpful to each other as much as we can.

Thank you.

Hi there, I just received my Argon One M2 case, which I’m planning to use with my existing Ubuntu 22.04 sd-card (as I do not yet have a M2 sata drive). It is connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB. However, Ubuntu boots past the logo screen then the monitor goes onto standby and nothing is responsive. It is plugged into a 15W 5v3a power supply, and I have tried various cables and power.

1 Like

I’ve an Argon One (as read on bottom of case) for RPi 4, how to I tell if it’s a V2 model? I’d like to convert to m.2 version but I’m not sure if this case is compatible.

Thanks, sailorMorris

The V1 has micro HDMI ports, the V2 has full size HDMI ports.

The M.2 expansion board (Argon ONE M.2 Expansion Board (SATA or NVMe Variant) – argon40) is compatible with both versions.

EDIT:
Here is a picture of both versions, V2 on the left, V1 on the right:

2 Likes

What is going on is there is a falt in your cmdline.txt file or outrageous overclocking in the config.txt disrupting the boot process, look at the CMD line first and make sure that that is still Factory except for the mousepoll of course, and if that is fine make sure that you’re overclock settings are within reasonable limits and if you’re trying to stretch it out a little bit to see what you can do without catching it on fire LOL, use avoid_warnings=2 to stop the safety switch from shutting you down. and boot_delay=2 if your using initial_turbo=60 because init-turbo kicks the boot to disk faster than the pi can register the change so you got a slightly slow it down., but if there’s any way you can link what settings you have in either one of those files I can tell you exactly what is going on and what you need to do to fix it I’m just shooting at the dark here from how you were describing what it was doing when it was booting