"reset SuperSpeed USB device number X"

I’m running 64-bit Bullseye (not OMV) and have manually created a RAID1 array with two 4 TB WD Red drives using mdadm. I am getting the following messages when the array is rsyncing…

Jul 23 10:42:15 host kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#2 uas_eh_abort_handler 0 uas-tag 1 inflight: IN 
Jul 23 10:42:15 host kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#2 CDB: opcode=0x88 88 00 00 00 00 00 17 23 67 80 00 00 01 80 00 00
Jul 23 10:42:15 host kernel: scsi host0: uas_eh_device_reset_handler start
Jul 23 10:42:15 host kernel: usb 2-2.2: reset SuperSpeed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
Jul 23 10:42:15 host kernel: scsi host0: uas_eh_device_reset_handler success

The five messages repeat every two minutes or so. The two disks in the array are /dev/sda and /dev/sdc.

Yesterday, I left the array resyncing and when I went to check on it later, the OS was in an odd state. The array had finished resyncing but the Pi appeared to have rebooted. VNC was stopped. Nothing would launch from the console (didn’t write down the error message). I was able to shutdown cleanly using the power button and when it came back up, I started checking the logs and found the same messages as above. So, today, I wiped everything and started fresh and have journalctl -f running and see the messages logging as the array is running its resync.

I’m going to watch things closely today to see if the messages stop when the resync finishes and what state the Pi is in when it completes. In the meantime, any thoughts on whether these messages are related to the behavior I saw yesterday?

Also got this behavior a couple of times recently – and just now.
It happens when I connect an SSD to the other vacant USB 3 slot to copy files over. The whole USB hub resets and all drives disappear until rebooting.

Very disappointing and super unreliable to use that way.
Have you managed to narrow the issue down any further?

I believe my issue was an overheating NVMe drive connected to the onboard internal USB port. See this thread for some of the details and troubleshooting. I reluctantly ditched the NVMe drive and am booting from a Micro SD card now and have had no stability issues.