Making a script like argononed.py for Debian bullseye, why is their time.sleep only 0.01 seconds?

Hi Hans, hope this finds you well…

I tried modifying the script per your example, but I wasn’t successful. As I was already starting the fan via command line I gave up.

Yesterday I found an addon to control argon one fan and I am testing it. So far it is working fine. I uninstalled the argonone scripts completely and I’m running just this addon. Here is the link, if you hadn’t seen yet.

Best regards,
Marcelo

I found Argon’ s information on the power button operation:

Power Button Events

Cases that come with a power button can turn the computer on and off while ensuring that the files stored are safe. It works by setting a pulse to BCM 4 (BOARD P7) depending on the action. The software that listens to these events should be able to react accordingly.

Double Tap - 20-30ms pulse
Hold and release after 3 seconds - 40-50ms pulse

Have been tinkering with Python somewhat and created something that seems to work on my system and put it on my gitlab:

argonone-gpoid

Hey,
Can we use argon 1 case with respeaker 2 mics hat?

Iam using raspberry pi os 64bit, powering it 5v 5a adapter (i was thinking need more power - some ppl give me this advice) raspberry usb port for respeaker 2 hat but its not working.

Sometimes system on and desktop goes on. + when i use record cmd, fan goes off waiting for cmd complete or interrupt then fan goes on.
Sometimes system got halt before desktop on.

Im running system without case without fan :frowning:

I was using argon1 case for always on mode(when electric on power on :slight_smile: )
Inside docker running home assistant + rhasspy.

Im living in Turkey so this components expensive for us. I dont want try unexperienced things.

I hope explain my problem, my english not so good.

Good day everyone

FYI:
I put code in my repo on Gitlab that can be used to build a Debian package with software that tunes the ventilator speed and let the case respond to the power button in a way like ArgonOne’s software provides for Raspbian.

The configuration program is a bit crude and I need to power cycle my own system if I issue a " reboot" (=only powerdoen, no restart) but according to my taste it works sufficiently reliable to develop my own HA on further.

Any ideas and suggestions for solutions and improvements are welcome (for consideration).