Internal M.2 adapter together with four 2.5" SSD's?

I used the Raspberry Imager in Windows, but you can also use it any of the RaspiOS with a desktop

I used that to flash the OS to the SSD, but I’ve never been able to partition an SSD after flashing it.

OK after you create the Bullseye Lite SSD leave in the RPI and start Gparted. If you don’t have it installed go to add/remove programs and install it. Once you have it go in Gparted and select the SSD device. Make sure you do not select your MicroSD. Then in Gparted you can shrink or expand the partition to the size you want. Let’s say you have a 500GB SSD and you want to have 120GB for your OS, you adjust to that size. The remaining space is approx. 380GB will be unallocated. Select that unallocated space and create a new partition and format it to fat32 or ext4.

I’ve never used OMV (I did Plex Media Server + Samba shares of the media folders instead), but it sounds like OMV is scanning the drive level instead of the partition level. Your new partition is mounted somewhere, right?

Once I added the drive to the file system it then shows the second partition as VFAT

Okay, maybe OMV has some sort of issue with VFAT? I would try reformatting your second partition to ext4 and seeing if OMV likes it better.

Ill try but it was OMV that formatted to vfat when I added it